Any change in life involves setting an intention to shift a perspective, experience or outcome. Setting an intention is the act of stating what you intend to accomplish through your actions. It’s a commitment to what you want your journey to be about as you move forward in your life.
When you set an intention the first step is opening yourself up to the possibility that a particular outcome can actually happen. This requires taking a leap and letting go of old beliefs that may be causing you to doubt any potential success.
As we know, this is easier said than done because beliefs especially if we’ve been holding onto them for a long time – can often narrow our perception of what we are actually capable of doing, having or being.
These beliefs can look like fear of failure or success or simply not feeling worthy of a particular outcome. In fact we may often say or think “well, that could never happen to me”.
Always remember, positive outcomes require one thing – that you take action to challenge those limiting beliefs and create new ones.
Being open to the possibilities you can create in your life is the first step in setting intention and successfully creating change.
In essence, the concept of possibility is really the fuel that ignites the fire!
When you begin to embrace possibility in any area of your life you are literally stepping into the role of creator and are actively participating in what you want your life to become.
So how do we do this? Let’s explore a few steps you can take to invite possibility into your life:
1. Be Open to Explore: Possibility thrives when we approach situations and ideas with an open mind. So the moment a thought comes up about how ‘this will never work’ or ‘there is no way I could do that..” stop yourself and imagine how even a small shift in what you are currently doing could change things in a more positive way.
When you reframe it and think of something as an adventure, it shakes loose the insecurity and lets you more calmly invite new possibilities into your life.
2. Break Boundaries: Possibility requires breaking free from self-imposed limitations. This ultimately involves questioning assumptions and overcoming fears – and that takes courage and a strong desire to reach for something better. This approach can literally open you up to shifting your thinking about anything.
3. Use your Imagination: Imagination plays a crucial role in the realm of possibility. Envisioning and creating new ideas, scenarios, and solutions is where it all begins. This helps you tap into the vast potential of what can be and can change your perception of limitation in any area of your life.
This is where journaling enters the picture. I have very strong feelings about this practice. The simple act of self-expression in any form (and in writing in particular) can literally unleash your creativity in ways you never thought possible.
4. Growth Mindset: This the foundation for creating any kind of meaningful change in your life and is required for you to embrace possibility. Growth mindset is simply a view that all challenges in life are an opportunity for growth, learning, and improvement. It can take time to adopt this as a habit, but it opens you up to see possibility even in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
This is so powerful by the way. I can tell you from experience, once you’re able to adopt this way of thinking, and drop the mentality that life is happening TO YOU instead of FOR YOU believe me, your life will change for the better in countless ways.
5. Take Action: While it’s essential to dream and envision possibilities, it is equally important to translate them into concrete steps and actions. By taking intentional and consistent action, we bring possibilities to life.
Bringing possibility into clear focus makes your intentions easier to set, act upon and fulfill. Allowing you to create meaningful change in your life with greater clarity and confidence.
Always remember, when you cultivate a life of possibility – you can accomplish absolutely anything.
For more information on my services to support you in navigating those meaningful changes in life, go to https://noellevan.com/work-with-me and let’s connect.